Web Technology Course
A web designer is essentially in a supporting role. S/he is supposed to have sound knowledge of design fundamentals and web production techniques. S/he is involved in the project at every stage, so that s/he understands the whole project life cycle.
What does a Web Designer Do?
A web designer is expected to:
- Assist in project conceptualization
- Create workflows for developers and clients
- Follow brand identity norms
- Make effective use of typography and images
- Create digital advertising assets (like banners, rollovers etc.)
For Maharashtra Jurisdiction: MKCL will provide the excellent Study Material in English and Marathi
Why Take admission?
A web designing firm, IT companies or an advertising agency is one of the best places for a web designer, though s/he can also contribute in companies/enterprises working in multimedia, eLearning and gaming industry.
S/He can do a job or can work as a freelance designer. A fresher can draw up to Rs. 1.2 – 1.4 Lacs p.a.
S/He would work with a team of web designers and a creative director who would guide them. Typically, s/he would be a part of graphic designing / digital creations / content development team. S/He can further pursue to become a senior web designer or a User Interface / Experience designer as per his/her liking and abilities.
Typically a junior web designer would make use of tools like Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of few other skills like JQuery, JQuery Mobile, and responsive web design will be an additional advantage for him/her.
Skills: Working Place, Customizing, Image and Color Modifications, Case Study – Black & White to Color, Using the Brush and Paint, Working with Selections, Scaling, Knowing the Layers, Filter Gallery, Color Adjustments
Outputs: Web Layout Design, Web Banner, Advertisement, UI Design
Skills: Fundamentals of Website Layout, Basics of Internet, Colors in a website, Planning for a website, The working place, HTML5, Meeting the Client, Starting with the website, Inserting Text and Graphics, Working with Tables, Linking Web Pages, Using CSS3, Using Frames, Using sound, flash and video, Using Behaviors, Creating forms, Search Engine Optimization, Testing the Website, Uploading the Website, Designing Templates
Outputs: Photo Gallery, Anchored Website, Newsletter, CSS, Video Gallery, Mobile Web Page, Enquiry Form, Website Designing, Web newsletter,
Detailed Syllabus:Adobe Photoshop
- Basics of Photoshop
- The Working Place
- Image and Color Modifications
- Using the Brush and Paint
- Working with Selection
- Knowing the Layers
- Getting Creative with Types
- Filter Gallery
- Playing With Palettes
- Color Adjustments
- Web and Devices
- Animating and Slicing
- Adobe Bridge
- Basics of Internet
- Fundamentals of Website Layout
- Colors in a website
- Planning for a website
- The working place
- Basics of HTML
- Meeting the Client
- Starting with the website
- Inserting Text and Graphics
- Working with Tables
- Linking Web Pages
- Using CSS
- Using Frames
- Using sound, flash and video
- Using Behaviors
- Creating forms
- Search Engine Optimization
- Testing the Website
- Uploading the Website
Certification & Important Dates
- KLiC courses are recognised by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU).
- MKCL provides certificate to the KLiC learner after his/her successful course completion.
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) provides mark sheet to successfully passed KLiC learners (Jurisdiction: Maharashtra).
- Batch Commencement: One batch in each calendar month (January to December)
- Date(s) of Application and Fee Payment by Learner: 1st – 30th day of each calendar month
- Date(s) of Learner Confirmation by ALC: 1st – 30th day of each calendar month
- Course Start Date and Date of Issuing Learner Login: Date of admission confirmation